Professor in Pediatrics and Genetics
Hayward Professor of Genetics Research
- B.A. in Biology from Colgate University, Hamilton, NY
- M.S. in Genetics from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Ph.D in Medical Genetics from Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- M.D. from Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Resident in Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Fellow in Medical Genetics, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Prader Willi Syndrome (PWS)
- Angelman Syndrome (AS)
- Kim S, Miller J, Kuipers P, German JR, Beaudet AL, Sahoo T, Driscoll DJ: Unique and atypical deletions in Prader-Willi syndrome reveal distinct phenotypes. Eur J Hum Genet 20:283-290, 2012.
- Butler MG, Kimonis K, Dykens E, Gold JA, Miller J, Tamura R and Driscoll DJ: Prader-Willi Syndrome and Early-Onset Morbid Obesity NIH Rare Disease Consortium: A Review of Natural History Study, Genetics in Medicine, In Press, 2017.
- Miller J, Butler MG, Kimonis V, Sulsona C, Gold JA, Tamura R, and Driscoll DJ: Oxytocin Treatment in Children with Prader-Willi Syndrome: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Am J Med Genet A, 1243-1250, 2017.
- Butler MG, Martin S, Hossain W, Manzardo AM, Kimonis V, Dykens E, Gold JA, Kim SJ, Weisensel N, Tamura R, Miller JL, Driscoll DJ: Molecular Genetic Classification in Prader-Willi Syndrome: A Multi-site Cohort Study, J Med Genet, In Press, 2018.
Honors & Awards
- 2000 The John T. and Winifred M. Hayward Professorship in Genetics Research, University of Florida
- 2000 NIH K24 Midcareer Patient-Oriented Investigator Award
- 2006 University of Florida Research Foundation Professorship Award
- 2006 Member, Society of Scholars, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2006 Doctoral Dissertation Adviser Mentoring Award, University of Florida